Dr. Dre is reportedly still in the intensive care unit (ICU) at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after suffering a brain aneurysm last week (January 4).
The rapper was rushed to hospital last Monday and was said to be in a âstable and lucidâ condition. He later shared an update with his fans through his social media accounts, telling them he was âdoing greatâ.
- Read more:Â Dr. Dreâs âThe Chronicâ: A 4/20 deep dive into the album that changed hip-hop forever
According to TMZ, doctors are keeping Dre in the ICU so they can carry on running âa battery of tests to get to the root problemâ and as a precaution, in case he suffers another aneurysm. It is still currently unknown what caused the first aneurysm.
After the news broke that the hip-hop legend had been hospitalised, a number of stars showed their support for him. âPrayers up for Dr. Dre and his family for healing & Strength over his mind & body,â Missy Elliott wrote on Twitter, while his former NWA bandmate Ice Cube said: âSend your love and prayers to the homie Dr Dre.â

In his Instagram update on his health last week, Dre thanked family, friends and fans âfor their interest and well wishesâ.
âI will be out of the hospital and back home soon,â he wrote. âShout out to all the great medical professionals at Cedars. One Love!!â
While Dre has been in hospital, his house was reportedly targeted by burglars. Los Angeles Police attended Dreâs Brentwood residence around 10pm on Tuesday night (January 5) and, following a short pursuit, arrested four would-be burglars.
The intruders are said to have set off infra-red cameras at the rapper and producerâs home, which notified authorities to investigate.
The post Dr. Dre is reportedly still in ICU after suffering brain aneurysm appeared first on NME | Music, Film, TV, Gaming & Pop Culture News.