Police in Houston, Texas have released a full report into the deadly crowd surge at Travis Scott‘s Astroworld festival in 2021.
During a performance on November 5 2021, thousands were left injured when the over-capacity crowd surged towards the front of the stage during Scottâs headline performance.
10 people were killed by compressive asphyxiation during the show â with victims aged between age nine and 27.
Last month, it was revealed that a grand jury in Texas had decided that Scott would not face charges over the incident, and a full report has now been filed.
The 1,266-page report can be read in full here. It features eyewitness accounts from festival attendees, Astroworld organisers, police officers and more.

Scottâs lawyer Kent Schaffer said that the decision to not indict Scott had come as âa great reliefâ to his client (via BBC).
Schaffer confirmed in a statement that the jury had met, but chose not to indict his client. He also denied any wrongdoing from the rapper. âHe never encouraged people to do anything that resulted in other people being hurt,â he said. âTravis is not responsible. Bringing criminal charges against him will not ease [the victimâs] pain.â
At the time, Scott said that the tragedy had left him âdevastatedâ but didnât realise quite how severe the events were until he left the stage. Following the incident, thousands of plaintiffs came forward, asking for what tallied to be billions of dollars in potential damages.
Yesterday (July 28), Travis Scott released his long-awaited new album ‘Utopia’, which features contributions from BeyoncĂ©, SZA, Kanye West, Daft Punkâs Guy-Manuel, Bon Iver, The Weeknd, Sampha, Drake, James Blake, Young Thug and many more.
The post Houston police release full report into Astroworld tragedy appeared first on NME.