Nick Cave and Warren Ellis have announced they will head out on their first ever UK tour as a duo this autumn.

The Bad Seeds duo will play 20 shows across September and autumn in support of their acclaimed album ‘CARNAGE’, which arrived earlier this year.

While not a fullĀ Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds record, the album is the latest from nearly 25 years of collaboration between the pair. Ellis has been a Bad Seeds member since 1997 and has been Caveā€™s songwriting partner for many years, including work as side-project GrindermanĀ and many film, TV and theatre scores and soundtracks.

Cave and EllisĀ will be joined on stage by musician Johnny Hostile and backingĀ singers Wendi Rose, T Jae Cole and Janet Ramus.

You can view the tour dates in full below, including two nights at London’s Royal Albert Hall, ahead of tickets going on sale here from this Friday (July 23) at 10am BST.

The pair recorded ‘Carnage’ during lockdown and Cave described the recordĀ as ā€œa brutal but very beautiful record embedded in a communal catastropheā€.

Cave said that his inspiration came from ā€œreading, compulsively writing and just sitting on my balcony thinking about thingsā€. With no initial intention of making an album, he said “the record just fell out of the sky. It was a gift”.

Reviewing ā€˜Carnageā€™,Ā NMEĀ concluded: “‘Carnageā€™ is arguably Cave and Ellisā€™ best record since The Bad Seedsā€™ latter-day reinvention on 2013ā€™s ā€˜Push The Sky Awayā€™, or maybe even ā€˜Abattoir Bluesā€™. Itā€™s certainly two master craftsmen at the peak of their melodramatic powers.”

The post Nick Cave and Warren Ellis announce Autumn 2021 UK tour appeared first on NME.

0 Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Ā Ā© amin abediĀ 

CONTACT US

Sending

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?