Nintendo has confirmed it will not be attending E3 2023.
Following reports last month that Xbox, Sony and Nintendo would all be skipping the gaming expo and showcase â which is returning in-person this year for the first time since 2019 â the latter has now confirmed that it will be absent.
âWe approach our involvement in any event on a case-by-case basis and are always considering various ways to engage with our fans,â the company said in a statement (via The Verge).
âSince this yearâs E3 show didnât fit into our plans, we have made the decision to not participate. However, we have been and continue to be a strong supporter of the ESA and E3.â
This yearâs E3 is due to take place on June 13 to June 16 at its usual home of the Los Angeles Convention Centre.

The event takes place one month after the release of Nintendo’s much-anticipated, The Legend Of Zelda: Tears Of The Kingdom, out May 12.
As previously reported, E3 2023 will be run by PAX organiser Reedpop, alongside the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). Reedpop had previously confirmed the return of the in-person event for E3 2023, and said that it would honour âwhatâs always workedâ for the gaming event.
âAlthough Nintendo will not exhibit at E3 2023, we are energized by the interest in what ReedPopâs Remastered E3 will look like,â Lance Festerman, president of ReedPop, said in a statement.
âWe look forward to sharing news soon about our exhibitors and all the exciting things taking place.â
Organisers recently confirmed that E3 2023 is definitely still going ahead despite rumours from Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot that it may not go ahead.
âIf E3 happens, we will be there and we will have a lot of things to show,â he said. After it was reported by VGC, Ubisoft refused to comment.
However, Fensterman told The Verge: âE3 is full speed ahead and we are pleased with the progress and engagement from the community.â
The post Nintendo confirms it will not be attending E3 2023 appeared first on NME.