The Black Keys have reportedly parted ways from their management team following the recent cancellation of their entire North American arena tour.
The band announced the āInternational Players Tourā tour back in April, which included 31 dates across the US and Canada set for later this year. The shows were announced in support of their 12th album ‘Ohio Players’, which arrived on April 5.
The duo ā comprising Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney ā were expected to kick off in Tulsa on September 17, with Seattle band The Head And The Heart set to support them at select shows. The dates could have continued into November.
However, it was reported late last month that the entire run of gigs had been abruptly scrapped, with no explanation provided. Shortly afterwards, following speculation that the move was done in light of low ticket sales, the members opened up about the cancellation, saying it was axed and re-planned in favour of smaller theatre venues as featured on their recent European dates.
Now, it has been reported that the band have also split from their management team, Irving Azoff and Steve Moir of Full Stop Management, following the decision.
The news was confirmed by Billboard, which wrote that a representative for Azoff confirmed the split. It also reported that the spokesperson said that it was an āamicable partingā.
The Black Keys initially signed with the management company back in 2021 after parting ways with their manager at Q Prime South, John Peets.

Another outlet that was one of the first to report on the split between Auerbach and Carney from their management team was The New York Times, which shared an article looking at the numerous high-profile tours that are being axed. In the report, it also discussed the sudden cancellation of J-Loās shows.
Initially, just seven shows on the tour, which would have been Lopezās first North American run in five years, were quietly cancelled in March. Entertainment Weekly reported that the cancellations were likely due to a ālogistical issueā on the tour promoterās end (via The Mirror).
The tourās name was also changed from āThis Is Meā¦ Nowā (after her new album of the same name) to āThis Is Meā¦ Liveā.
Shortly after, the plug was pulled on the entire run of shows, just a month before it was due to kick off in Florida, with the singer citing that it was to spend more time with her family.
āI am completely heartsick and devastated about letting you down,ā she wrote. āPlease know that I wouldnāt do this if I didnāt feel that it was absolutely necessary. I promise I will make it up to you and we will all be together again.
āI love you all so much. Until next timeā¦ā

In other Black Keys news, following the axed run of arena shows, the duo did appear on Laterā¦ With Jools Holland last weekend to perform two songs from their latest album. One of which, āOn The Gameā, saw them bring out co-writer Noel Gallagher.
This came just weeks after he joined them on stage at their shows in London. The band invited the former Oasis musician to perform with them in the encore at the O2 Academy Brixton.
Before then, The Black Keys spoke to NME last year and recalled their time working with the āincredibleā songwriter in the studio.
āHeās hilarious and super talented,ā said Carney. āWe were referring to him as āThe Chord Lordā because heās just a perfectionist with it.ā
The post The Black Keys split from managers after cancellation of entire North American tour appeared first on NME.